June 01, 2016:
I did it! I finally made my own eyeliner, and it’s vegan! It was really easy. I have no idea why I procrastinated for about a month before finally making this.
- 1/4 tsp (or 4 capsules) Activated Charcoal
- Distilled Water (I just used filtered, filtered by my Binchotan Charcoal Filter)
- In a clean bowl pour 1/4 tsp activated charcoal.
- Take about 2 drops of water (I used a wooden chopstick to drop and mix).
- Mix it up and continue slowly adding a few drops of water until charcoal is clumpy.
- Pour mixture into a small glass container or empty tin and pack down and smooth with your fingers.Make sure to use a clean pointed or angled brush when applying. Dampen the brush beforehand. You’ll notice it’s a little gritty, but that’s how activated charcoal is. Provided I don’t rub my eyes, this can last me all day and I’ve been using this for over a week now. Other recipes that used oil, I found didn’t stay on as long. But you let me know which works better for you!
**Update (January 24, 2017) Now, I actually ONLY wet my brush and dip it into the container of powdered charcoal. I’ll take a little tiny bit of powder on the end of my wet brush and mix it together until it creates a paste before applying.