As part of our Summer Giveaway, residents of Canada have a chance to win this beautiful metal straw (along with a bamboo toothbrush and pantyliners) from @greenrevolucia – all you have to do is share this post and comment below with what you’re doing to enjoy summer!
We have used many different types of straws: paper, metal and glass. While we sell our own straws that have a bend in them, this straight metal straw feels solid and is made with high quality stainless steel. The opening is slightly larger than the typical metal straw and it has a beautiful, easy to clean brush with a soft bristle, to accompany it.
A tad bit heavier than the typical straw, there will be no bending or denting this straw. The best part we’ve noticed is that when we’re drinking our cold beverage, the straw helps to keep it cool right up to your lips.
Europe friends, check out @greenrevolucia to place your order and keep plastic straws out of our waterways, oceans and parks!
As part of our Summer Giveaway in partnership with @greenrevolucia, we’re giving away three brand new Eco-Femme panty-liners, 1 metal straw with brush cleaner and a charcoal infused bamboo toothbrush. All you have to do is make sure you like us on Facebook and leave a comment below with how you try to reduce waste!
Made of cotton and lined with PUL, a waterproof layer that helps prevent leakage. Recently we tested out a sample liner and loved them. (tmi maybe?). Eco-Femme liners feel soft yet are made with strong, quality material that feels comfortable down there. Held together by a snap, these can be reversible if you desire.
We tested them on the first light day and had no leakage. Washing was simple – first we soaked in cold water and then handwashed with a tiny dab of soap. No vigorous scrubbing was necessary, just enough to make sure the water ran clear, which took only a minute. There was no staining and we simply hung them to dry.
For those in Europe, particularly Bulgaria, @greenrevolucia should be your main place for ordering products that help reduce waste in landfills!
To thank you for your business, we’ve teamed up with Revolucia and are giving away an amazing package!
- A Nordic’s Charcoal-Infused Bamboo Toothbrush
- A metal straw and brush cleaner
- 3 washable eco-femme cloth pads
All you have to do is:
- Like us and Revolucia on Facebook and Instagram
Revolucia‘s Facebook and Instagram
A Dream Lived Greener‘s Facebook and Instagram
- Share this blog post or photo on any of your social media accounts and make sure to TAG us! We need to be able to see you and reach you when you win!
- Comment below on how you try to reduce your waste!
**Open to residents of Ontario and Quebec, Canada only**
CONTEST CLOSES: JULY 21, 2017 at 12AM
A little while ago I was contacted by a few educators at Cairine Wilson High School to discuss reducing waste. I’ve been there to speak a few times about the subject of waste, but because I couldn’t come in during the specified day I was asked to create a video answering a few questions that the students had. So with some help and the little time I have, I managed to pull this together.
The questions were:
1) Was it hard to change your lifestyle?
2) Do you find this lifestyle time consuming?
3) Where do you buy toilet paper or other items that are usually wrapped?
4) How do you make toothpaste? What’s your recipe?
5) How do you keep up your routine without slipping up and using products that have waste?
6) Have you tried to convince friends and family to adopt a zero-waste lifestyle? Have you been successful?
7) Do you drink milk? Do you eat meat? If so, where and how do you purchase those items?
8) Do you think your child will choose the same lifestyle when he grows up?
9) Do you ever print anything on paper for your work? If you do, does that count as waste?
10) How do you travel from one place to another?
11) Is there food you no longer eat because of the way it’s packaged?
Zero Waste A’s to Q’s from high school students from Dream Love Grow on Vimeo.